View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
kumar157
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kme5150 View Post
Try not to take this the wrong way but if he is having trouble keeping up with his studies now with only playing 7 hours of tennis a week. How is he going to be able to keep up with his studies when a coach expects 15 hours a week out of him?

Spring Break is coming up. Do yourself a favor and try to visit the campuses that he might be interested in. Since Spring Break for most colleges and high schools don't align, he will get a good idea of what the school is like during session.
Good thought.
He played 15 hours at an academy and made A's and B's in his freshman year with all AP courses. He was around 290 nationally during that period. I cut down his hours in this sophomore year expecting that he may not do well and his ranking dropped to around 330. He still makes A's and B's. I just don't want to take chances when it comes to studies. Lately he is arguing with me that he does not need a high GPA but would rather have a better tennis ranking. His aim is to play lower D1.
I think it's a good idea to visit some campuses early on, as suggested by you, so that he will make up his mind and work towards the target with a purpose.
kumar157 is offline   Reply With Quote