View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #155
10ismom
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soianka View Post
I think Serena has been very decent to Sloane, and I noticed that she didn't have any loud come-on's either. Perhaps out of respect for Sloane or maybe because she was in pain. Who knows.

I think Sloane played one of her better matches, but Serena played pretty badly compared to what we usually see. She is normally able to serve her way out of trouble, but she was throwing in 70 MPH serves last night. Had her serve been working, she would have won in 2 sets having been up 2-0 in the 2nd and she didn't seem to be hitting very penetrating return of serves either.

I am just not that impressed with Sloane yet.

I was much more impressed with Madison Keys' game. Madison looks like a potential great to me. Plus she really reminds me of Alexandra Stevenson, who I think had the talent to go a lot further than she did.

Oh well...we will see how Sloane does tonight against Vika. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but I have a feeling that Sloane is going to get thoroughly whooped tonight.
I like Madison Keys a lot plus she is younger. I think she has better serve weapon than Sloan but Sloan is definitely a better mover and perhaps more athletic. I watched the match between Madison and Kerber. Kerber was more defensive and kept the ball in play pressing Madison to hit in awkward positions or late for the ball.
Personally, I think Stephens and Keys will do well on big stages rather than Oudin, Lauren Davis and Grace Min.