View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
pc1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree, Zagor. Of course it is subjective, but I feel like the separation is enough right now that by any attempt to use objective criteria, you will come out with Fed ahead of Sampras.

The other alternative is to be too inclusive which leads to long lists of potential goats, which is honestly the most fair, but also the least interesting, as it doesn't leave much room for discussion or flared tempers.
Subjectively I don't think there's much between Sampras and Federer but you're right, objectively Federer is ahead in tournaments won, lifetime winning percentage, percentage of tournaments won, majors won and percentage of majors won. If you go by objective criteria Federer is clearly ahead of Sampras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor View Post
Wouldn't say that, the whole GOAT topic is very subjective, Sampras was great enough to always be in the conversation IMO.
That I agree with also. There are many GOAT arguments for Sampras. Pete's highest level on a fast surface as astounding. The greats he played in majors are legendary. He played Becker, Edberg, Courier, Chang, Agassi, Goran, Rafter, Henman, Safin, Lendl among others. That's pretty awesome.

Last edited by pc1 : 01-23-2013 at 04:09 PM.
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote