View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #39
Say Chi Sin Lo
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
As the others have said, KLIP Legend (the $25.95 stuff) generally is 'stiffer' (or 'crisper') than Pacific Classic. While I've just begun my playtest, I have found KLIP Legend Tour (the $29.92 stuff) to be much nicer than regular KLIP Legend, after a brief break-in period (maybe 5-10 minutes of hitting).

It costs the same as Pacific Classic, strings slightly easier, and is black (which some people like). I cannot speak to its durability right now as I've only hit w/ it a couple of times, but there's nothing that leads me to believe it is any worse than the others.

However, stay away from KLIP Armour Pro. You might as well go full poly IMO.

As I said earlier, I hope to string up BB Hero next week, as well as regular KLIP Legend and also writeup Pacific Classic.

And if you're using it in the mains, stay away from the bargain-based gut (e.g. Titan, Global, etc.). You get what you pay for, and while some may have good experience, most have it snap prematurely, either while stringing or just sitting in the bag.
I'm not a fan of black gut. I just can't help but think the dye they used interferes with playability of a natural product. Yes, I am aware that natural gut is already thoroughly processed by the time we get it. I'm just saying, it doesn't need anymore processing in the form of coloring dyes. Also, I'm not saying the dye alter playability (maybe it does?), but it's certainly in my head. That's why I'm not crazy about black gut.

The cheap econo stuff, you certainly get what you pay for. But I have had VERY good result and experience with Mamba Premium Natural Gut. Does it make me want to rip my hair out? Yes, but that's once in a while. If you are careful at stringing, the Mamba stuff is worthwhile for those with limited budget.

Thanks for confirming Klip Legend plays crisper. That may be perfect for me.
Say Chi Sin Lo is offline   Reply With Quote