View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #28
Lakers4Life
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e View Post
Still if you have a good brake system, thats all thats needed. I have strung a great deal with just using a brake with no issues at all. It depends on your machine.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPEY View Post
Right on the mark. Jim, I think everyone understands that if you have a good brake inquiring about alternate methods is moot. If you don't have a good brake (or your machine isn't equipped with one), then find out what the alternatives are and pick the one that suites you best. Mikeler likes the 50/50, some like boomerangs, I prefer the s-hook. A simple answer to a very simple procedure.
To each his own. I'm not a big fan of 50/50 crosses, mainly because, like Jim, I have a good brake (though not the best) system. The OP never stated what machine they have, thus the jump to conclusions of alternate methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
Glide bar machines also require a starting clamp, floating clamps do not.
I respecfully disagree. Normally on a glide bar machine, the crosses are strung with one glide bar, but if you are doing a 50/50. You can used both glide bars, without using a starting clamp.* Though like COPEY said, it's moot since the NEOS and the like have a good brake system.

*-Any good stringer should have a starting clamp.