View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #34
directionals
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
^ This is what happens in pro tennis -- I've seen it with WTA matches. If a player requests a bathroom break, she is required to be accompanied by a tournament official.

It seem that a lot of posters here don't seem to think that the extended bathroom break was out of line and/or it should not have had any significant effect on the OP. However, we have seen quite a different reaction to Vika's extended break in her SF match against Sloane Stephens at the AO. Commentators and much of the public at large were highly suspicious and critical of Vika's actions. She was asked several times about this in post match interviews. Quite a few fans have accused her of cheating.

It appeared that the extended break had a very positive effect for Vika's play and a dulling effect on Sloane, who was making quite a comeback prior to the break. Sloane's momentum was destroyed and she played quite a bit flatter after the break -- missing some easy shots.
I was just going to bring up the Azarenka's dirty trick and you beat me to it I watched the SF and I couldn't believe Azarenka did it! Sick to my stomach.

OrangePower, the rule is 2 minutes between sets and my opponent broke the rule. The temperature on the court was in the 40's F. I had just own the 2nd set tiebreak. The dynamics were changed after the extended break. The 3rd set was a 10-point super tiebreak, not a full set.

Last edited by directionals : 01-24-2013 at 03:06 PM.
directionals is offline   Reply With Quote