View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #455
THUNDERVOLLEY
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Game View Post
hahaha ... that's your opinion and youre welcome to it, but mine is just as good as yours!
No, there is a difference between opinion and the facts of history--the latter you are not using.

Fact one: in 2012, many treid to write of Serena after the AO/FO results. That blew up in their faces as she won Wimbledon, the USO and made history at the Olympics. You are doing the same thing, and trying to ignore that a fully healthy Serena was next to invincible in the 2nd half of 2012.

Please tell us how that is not how history unfolded.

Quote:
I don't remember vaidisova
How long have you watched tennis? She reached the semis of the '06 FO, semis of the '07 AO, and was a Wimbledon QF in2007/'08. Far greater majors run than Stephens, who only reached a majors SF thanks to an injured player.

Fact two: If you recalled history, then you would know Vaidisova and Oudin had stronger majors runs, but it did not amount to anything. Stephens has not proven anything by getting (what amounted to) a near-walkover by playing an injured player. Further, you cannot spin or erase her 1st set beatdown at the hands of Azarenka, who (before that set was midpoint) clearly had more than an edge over Stephens. Thus, her AO results are no idication that she is part of some "new guard" in the way majors winner Azarenka is.

Quote:
and i never felt strength from oudin
Her USO run was all the "strength" one needed to think she was going somehwere, having defeated 3 top players in a row, but for all of that success, the game fell apart, and everyone figured her game out.

Quote:
as for the "loser in my avatar" ... that i agree with you on. she's a loser and a cheater, as is azarenka .... can't win without creating the hindrance of the scream
It is amusing how the majority of players never complain about this so-called screaming, nor does it prevent others from defeating such players, otherwise, Sharapova would have 30 majors by now if it was such an advantage. Moreover, Kvitova is about as mousy as anyone could be, but she's not campaigning to bring an end to vocal players.
THUNDERVOLLEY is offline   Reply With Quote