View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #4868
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Default DNA is dynamite!

OK, here is my review in the TW format of the Dunlop DNA 16. I liked the cheaper Hexy Fiber multi previously but the Dunlop Silk which is more expensive felt terrible to me after a few minutes hitting with it. So I was leery about trying the similarly priced DNA. Luckily I caught a 30% off sale and picked it up because boy this is a good string.

There is some minor ghosting associated with it while stringing. Nothing else stands out from a stringing standpoint.

Tension it is strung: 50 pounds on a lockout machine full bed
Your regular string set up: Discho Microfibre 16 @ 50 pounds
Racket: Prince Exo3 Tour
String pattern of your racquet: 16 x 18
Power (or lack there of): Medium powered multi
Feel: Maybe the best of any multi I've used
Tension maintenance: Final tension loss reading was 13.5% on RacquetTune
Price: $12.95/set, $210.00/reel.
Overall comments and feedback: See below

General: My first outing with this I knew it was love at first site.

Serve/Return of Serve: First serve has some great pop on it with this. It seemed like I was averaging a few aces every match. Kick serves were really jumping off the court, I never felt under too much pressure on 2nd serves. Returns were pretty good too.

Strokes: Very good spin on both wings. Probably a top 10 in spin potential. My slice backhand did great with it too.

Volleys: Pretty good.

Touch shots: I was tempted to hit touch shots because I was having a lot of success with it. Sometimes that is bad though since it takes me out of a more aggressive mindset (no comments ssgator80).

Softness: The string feels pretty soft to me, no arm issues

Tension: Perfect for my game.

Durability: Another area where the string shines. I played 9 sets of singles with it (5 were against a pusher though) and 4 sets of doubles along with 45 minutes of drilling. That is terrific durability in the Exo Tour. The strings were pretty severely notched for the last few sets. When the setup finally broke, it went out with a bang with 3 mains busting. Interestingly enough, they were not 3 consecutive mains, there was one unbroken string between the three.

Movement: String movement was not overly excessive until the last set I played where they started moving all over the place.

Conclusion: This is definitely one to try out.

Last edited by mikeler : 03-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote