View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #4874
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstchur View Post
Ok, yeah, I guess that is normal. If you can, try to keep track of how many hours you get. It's fairly consistent for me (the 16g) that I get about 6 to 8. I string up in the high 50s low 60s (cp) though, so not sure if the tension tension you use will contribute more to movement and notching (and therefore breaking). Will be interesting to see.
I forget what racket you are using but not many multi strings make it more than 8 hours in the Exo3 Tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis27 View Post
Do you think its better to use a multi than an eco priced gut like Klip legend and pacific classic in a hybrid?
Gut mains are certainly going to offer some more pop and spin versus multi mains. If you are a control guy, then multi mains could be a better option. I don't use soft strings in the mains with hard crosses. I never get more than 2 or 3 hours out of those setups.

Gut crosses versus multi crosses is easier to answer for me. Gut in the crosses is just a little bit better but not worth the extra expense and stringing hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstchur View Post
Klip Legend is a really good string! I like it a lot. For the price, it's definitely a good option. I like GPro (personally) even a little better than gut, but I'm weird like that.

I think gut mains and synth crosses could be a good option, but I've never actually tried it.

Maybe Mikeler has...
Klip Legend was not very exciting to me. I liked the Wilson gut much better. That is pretty much my full gut experience except for an unknown red natural gut I used in high school for 2 sets until it broke.
mikeler is online now   Reply With Quote