View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
tennisnut123
Rookie

Well i went ahead and did all of the mains, except the last main on the short side, so both mains were clamped with slider clamps, i then wove both the top and bottom crosses. I pulled tension to the top cross then clamping it with the flying clamp. Released tension, then pulled tension the the bottom cross. Then, removing both slider clamps off of the last main on the long side, and last main on the short side. Then putting one slider clamp on the bottom cross and locking it. Then fed through the last main to complete the mains, pulled tension to the last main, and locked it with the slider clamp. I then put the short side that was clamped with the flying clamp into the tension head and pulled tension to it. While tension was pulled i removed the flying clamp and attached it to the last main that was currently clamped with a slider clamp. Then removed that same slider clamp while flying clamp was attached, and adding the slider clamp to the short side main, which is also the first cross string, then tied and synched(spelling?) the knot and removing the slider clamp. After that knot I pulled tension to the long side main, which now serves as the string for the rest of the crosses. Then, removed the flying clamp and replaced the slider clamp on the inner portion of the racket and strung the rest of the crosses.

Im sure i probably lost a little bit of tension, but figured it was worth a try. Will take any pointers and what not that you have. Thanks

This is the "flying" clamp that i was using and i think this is the right name for it, if not, please correct me.

http://www.photostringer.com/images/061110-030d.jpg
tennisnut123 is offline   Reply With Quote