View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #38
Overdrive
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1 View Post
I couldn't agree more. The difference in mobility between me and my wife is huge. So in the match I was writing about my wife was serving to my friend who was the top college player and she was hitting sharp angled crosscourt returns that my wife couldn't reach but I knew I could reach. So I decided to move over and I hit a half volley down the line winner. My wife scolded me that it was her shot to hit. She was upset. So I figured it's better to lose the battle and win the war. Incidentally we lost.

There was another time we were playing doubles in which we were the far superior team. I decided to fool around a bit with some angled volleys that I missed. She didn't like that I did that and told me in very certain terms. I had to really concentrate in a match that I thought I could enjoy. We won every set at love.

My wife isn't a bad player but I don't play doubles with her anymore. I don't mind losing but there are inherent problems with playing with your spouse.
Yes, that's absolutely true. I personally don't like playing mixed with anyone because I feel that I'm a stronger player in singles. Sure, you can pick up ladies from playing and winning matches, but you know.. there can be issues at that..