View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
Kevin T
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGads View Post
Asics has no place in a conversation about cushioning? Huh? The Gel Resolution 3s and 4s are some of the cushiest things out there.

And not sure about other Lottos, but the Lotto Syn Raptor II was my very favorite shoe of all time. Pillows, but fast feeling. Just loved them. Would have stocked up but by the time I needed another pair they were nowhere to be found. The next version of the Raptor unfortunately became a skinny-foot shoe, but those Syn Raptor IIs were bananas good.
Agreed. I go 6'3", 225# and the Asics Res 3 and 4 are near the top for me. I love the Lotto cushioning system but they don't fit my foot shape/type. Same with me for Yonex...cushioning feels nice but similar to TW Chris' review, they seem to force my foot into pronation (only other tennis shoe that did that was the old Mizuno Lendl model), making them unwearable. I have the NB 996 on order and if they don't work out, it's Asics for me.