View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
Hi I'm Ray
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
He just tried to make it into a system that he invented, which was silly. There is nothing wrong with hitting safe spots on the court, let's just not make it into more than it is.

But watch the AO final and see how many times players hit into the "danger zone" for example. You will be surprised.

As for drilling this stuff, instead of worrying about targets, I would suggest practicing down the line and crosscourt rallies with the right partner. It will greatly assist you in a match and you will hit the angles you want to hit easier.
I know if I just go crosscourt or dtl without an actual spot or target area, consistency of placement will get pretty random.
Because I was coached to keep my concentration on watching the ball and visualizing where the ball is going to go, I usually will pick out and visualize a spot, or the flight of the ball on passing shots. When I'm not concentrating & watching the ball my visualization & placement usually go too. Practicing for the targets makes the rest of the court much easier to place, imo.

I do appreciate any input or feedback you have.

Last edited by Hi I'm Ray : 01-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Hi I'm Ray is offline   Reply With Quote