View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #202
krosero
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
so fed-tsonga was better match quality wise when compared to djoker-stan going by the AMs .....not by a small margin ... question is how much better was it and how much of the difference was caused by djoker's insane defense ?
Some of the issues here I addressed in the last post above. Just would add a few things.

Djoker's defense was insane but he was not necessarily playing to his best level -- which is arguably one reason for Wawrinka getting so close to beating him. The commentators were saying late in the match that he had been missing a good number of FH's when he went for winners. I think they said that when he had a sitter than he dumped into the net, going for a DTL winner. That was on break point; if Novak had converted he would have been serving at 5-3, for the match. It all could have ended a lot sooner.

Now on the other hand, his defense was ridiculous. I'm just saying there could be another side to that: he found himself in a greater number of long rallies, and in such a long match, because at times his offense was failing him.
krosero is offline   Reply With Quote