View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #12585
klementine79
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
That's strange. Throat heavy frames always feel a bit slow to me personally, so I'm not a huge fan of them. I definitely noticed it though when I demo'd it originally too! Mine felt waaaay out of spec, like HH as heck, maybe only 2 points HL, and with a mid swingweight of around 320ish? It just swung horribly. From shadow swinging my 25ths, they are darn near identical in SW / balance / weight. I really like that they don't feel funky at all, and they swing smoothly enough. Plus I love the sexy "suit and tie" look of them over the bold red of the normal PJ's. What can I say? I love the clean looks!

I've been using Gosen OG 17 natural / Dunlop Ice 17 for over a month now in all my frames. Love the syn gut mains, and since I've been using overly dense patterns breakage is definitely not terrible. I strung the Prestige's @ 50/48, and next time I will probably test a bit lower, maybe 40/38.

-Fuji
Yes, good call. String those babies low, shouldn't be a problem with such a crispy rig. Forgot about your 'go-to-set-up'. Sounds nice. Ever reverse the M/X's?

Every time I swing my wife's frames, I'm like, 'ooohh, syn.gut.crispyness'. I gotta leave the multi/poly set-ups I've been stuck on. They turn to mush way to quick. Gotta string like every 3-4days and that's just poo.