View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #28
paoloraz
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo333 View Post
Yep I've got a 400ipro, a 400il (shorter version), x2 400i with different 200G paintjobs, the turquoize/orange gloss paint version 400i (from 1992 I think same design as racket I'm talking about below, and really rare, never seen another), and finally a mid production 400i with the metal core still in it!

Also when you say the 200gpro in dark electric blue, are you talking about the gloss black/blue version with the turquioze and gold chevrons? I'm still confused about that racket, I think it was the last version from 1992? Now that version does seem slightly lighter and stiffer to me (just slightly).
Yes, I meant the glossy black/blue version with the turquioze and blue/gold chevrons!

My feeling is that that version of the 200gpro was a little antecedent (maybe middle 1990...) and mostly contemporaneous to the purple green one in 1991. However, this dark/blue version was not sold everywhere...in Europe, it was sold in countries like France and Germany, but, e.g., not in Italy, where only the purple green and the classic grafil versions were available in 1991, and the standard grafil and the "teal" paintjob in 1990 (it was cheaper). I say that they were partly overlapping because in 1991, in some cases in Italy the purple green was sold with the cover of the dark-blue one, and because I have a couple of new 1991 200g pro purple green (it's 1991 because the grip is purple; in 1992 it was white) where the cardboard put in the head recalls the logo of the 200g pro dark/blue. I'm pretty sure that the purple green version survived to the dark-blue, until the end of the production (in Italy the 200g was officially available until the end of 1995 if my memory assists me right).
paoloraz is offline   Reply With Quote