View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
diredesire
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to diredesire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
Problem is the NEOS 1000 does not have a short bar, so if you have two clamps at the same time they must be parallel.
I've worked on two NEOSes with short bars, maybe it's an add-on purchase? No one seemed to know they existed, though... I found them in a box in storage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
Just as easy to do the Babolat as the wilson. For one thing both allow bottom up stringing. Problem come because you think you must do top down. If you want to string top down string all mains on the short side and tie off use the long side to string your crosses and the outside main on the long side. If you have an even number of crosses string from the top down and the outside main last. If you have an odd number of crosses string from the second cross down up for the outside main and lastly the top cross.

EDIT: That is if you want to do ATW which creates as many if not more problems as bottom up. The worst of which is utter confusion.
Yep. This is the reason I avoid ATW, it's generally not necessary, and it's not a standard pattern, so you don't save on warranty issues anyways. I believe I actually read from Irvin (?) that even Head is actually honoring warranties these days strung bottom up.

Mod Qs/Concerns/etc? E-mail me! (please make return/profile e-mail is valid!)
diredesire is offline   Reply With Quote