View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
soyizgood
G.O.A.T.

Azarenka has only won one non-hardcourt title. Similar to Wozniacki in that she only is a real factor on hardcourts. She leaves much to be desired on clay and gets doused by an inform hard-hitter on grass.

When she's focused, she's quite the stubborn hard-working player that's earned #1. I still don't think she is a complete #1 until she becomes a contender on non-hardcourt surfaces. That and be more professional (for example, her retirements and walkovers). She's someone you either love or strongly dislike. I don't think she wants it any other way.

I still haven't forgiven her for tanking the YEC 2011 match with Bartoli. Somehow she felt no desire to play it since she clinched the group and got booed off. Yet, Kvitova played out all her matches and went 5-0 to win it.

She's only beaten Serena ONCE in their 12 meetings. 10 of Serena's wins were straight sets. Serena went 5-0 last year against her. Federer gets flack for his H2H with Nadal, but this is a complete rout.

Do I think she is the best full-time player? I guess. Do I give her the upper hand in facing someone like a healthy or focused Serena? No.

Last edited by soyizgood : 01-26-2013 at 10:40 AM.
soyizgood is offline   Reply With Quote