View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #134
anhuynh16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc K View Post
I liked Fed's day AO kit. Including the shoes. And I'd wear all of it, except for the fact that the shoes would cost me $130-ish USD for the shoes and half of everything else for the divorce that would result from my purchase of another pair of shoes.

But I'll say this: the ideas that people have--adding a different color tongue, or making a pink accent shoe that matched the day AO RF polo--proves to me that the Vapor ID program has WAY too few color choices and far too few customizable parts.

I'd love to ask a Nike manufacturing exec why the limited choices. The Kobe shoes have more choices (I didn't do the math but the permutations must be well over 100K more possibilities) and more expensive materials.

Perhaps if they did a better job of marketing tennis in the states, they'd sell more shoes.

And like someone said above in the thread, I'll get mine when they are on clearance.
There are many reasons why the Vapor 9 iD has so little options. Just a few of my reasons

#1 Almost everybody in the states doesn't really care about tennis unfortunately.
#2 They're Kobes, do you think a TENNIS shoe would have as many options as a famous baller?

#3 Too similar to #1, but a small market is another reason. Tennis is a sport where you have the modern dudes with all there new Nike stuff etc.., and you have the older generations that still use oscillates and mids as tennis shoes. Most people still don't even know that it's called the Vapor, most of the people I know refer to it as the federer shoe.