View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #24
Anton
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLambsheadrep View Post
Nice video, thanks. So in my video you're saying the differences between a straight and bent arm are from a matter of timing, but just curious - how much does technique come into play? I mean, would you say in general that either 1. When you hit the ball (timing) mostly determines a shot being straight or bent armed and technique can disrupt this, or 2. How you hit the ball (technique) mostly determines a shot being straight or bent armed and timing can disrupt this. If I am on the right track with asking this, I don't think that timing and technique can play equal parts, because then hitting with a straight or bent arm would be totally random
Other than someone being late with straight arm technique, there is ALSO a double bend technique (djoker uses it and most of WTA). Personally I think it's kinda ugly and in the end game less efficient, but it's valid and it works if that's what you want.

Point is IT DOESN'T MATTER, don't worry if your arm is bent or not bent - that doesn't determine your forehand being good or not good. There are a thousand and one other things to you could worry about that WILL help you.

Don't get stuck on this.

Last edited by Anton : 01-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote