View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #41
President
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
I disagree. Djokovic has a very signature style. He has the huge windup western forehand, the massive 2 handed backhand with extreme torso rotation, and nobody else moves like him or incorporates flexibility in their game like Djokovic does.

Nadal has been out for a while and Djokovic has been number 1 for like 2 years now, so I expect people to be sympathetic towards Nadal, but I still remember in 2011 when people on this forum thought Djokovic was the breath of fresh air and Nadal was a plague upon tennis.
I would not call either Djokovic's forehand or backhand "massive" by any means, they are not particularly pacey or skinny compared to other top 10 players, actually he is probably on the less powerful side. Not that they aren't great shots.. He moves great on hard court and is very flexible but its not the same as watching Federer play a beautiful classic style (mixed modern technique) or Nadal's relentless energy and great shotmaking.

And you can't only use Nadal being out and people being tired of Djoker as an explanation, even in 2008/2009 when Nadal had a similar number of slams to Djokovic now he still had way more fans than Djoker does now. Overall to MOST tennis fans I think Nadal is a more charismatic, exciting, and likable player than Djokovic.
President is online now   Reply With Quote