View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie Mauresmo View Post
The western media insist on saying Andy Murray is at the top of men's tennis but I disagree. The American and British press desperately want Murray to be a part of this group but he's not. The western press want to squeeze Murray into this top group but only having one slam title and not reach number one in the world proves he's still unworthy.
You've got a real chip on your shoulder about 'the western press' haven't you? What the f**k does the US media care whether Murray wins a Slam or not? Grow up and get real!

Quote:
Federer has 17 slams, Nadal has 11, and Djokovic has 6 slam titles, it isn't fair to these guys to be compared to Andy Murray he's a step below them. Those guys have six slams or more they are in a different universe than Andy Murray but the western media is going to continue pushing this lie Murray's a part of this group when he's not. And I don't care how many Masters titles Murray has won I am talking about slams and so far he's a one slam wonder.
Well okay. Murray is just a journeyman player who probably doesn't even deserve to be in the top 10. I mean, who would want someone as 'ugly' as Murray to be in their company anyway? There. Is that what you want to hear? Does that make you feel better? Can you sleep at night now??

Quote:
Murray is certainly good but to only have one grand slam singles title proves he's not worthy to be mentioned with Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.
This year, Andy Murray needs to prove or within the next few years he needs to prove he can become a multiple slam champion.[/quote]

Does he? Well, I'll contact him at once and ask him to read your well thought out post. I'm sure he'd never have thought of this otherwise. What a pleasure it must be for him to have you around to advise him!

Quote:
Murray loses another grand slam final against one of the three best players of his generation Novak Djokovic. Murray is now 1-5 in grand slam finals that's terrible.
So to lose a grand Slam final to one of "the best 3 players of this generation" is 'terrible' is it?

Quote:
At this moment Murray is definitely a step above players like David Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro but not by much.
Not by much? He has won a Slam, has been in 5 other Slam finals, won an Olympic gold medal and won EIGHT Masters tournaments. Compare that to what the likes of Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych and Del Potro have achieved. The distance between them is VAST!

Quote:
I believe Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal are above Murray and they are the real gold standard of men's tennis. Murray hasn't reached the number one ranking either.
Well, you wouldn't want him there anyway would you? After all, he's so ugly, isn't he?