View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #781
NadalDramaQueen
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor View Post
Clarky is still searching for that damn bird.
Sometimes I think that Djokovic really is the son of god (as TheF1Bob puts it). There have been many moments where things have gone his way just at the right time to carry him to victory. He earns his wins, no doubt, but I wouldn't mind if some balls would hit the cord and bounce back on his side more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg number one View Post
Well Murray definitely didn't get "destroyed" in the final. Often, tennis matches swing based on just a few points and had Murray managed to eke out that second set, he'd probably be the 2013 AO champion. Yet, Djokovic deserves the title, given that he toughed out that set and then put his foot on the gas at the opportune time. Murray is definitely a better player now than he has been in years past and I'm very happy for him. I do think he has more majors left to win, including a AO title.
I agree, many tennis matches are much closer than they appear. Murray had his shots but was unable to come through, mainly because of the heavenly feather.

I think Murray can win more majors, but I want to see how he fares against Nadal before I take a guess at how many.