View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
6-1 6-3 6-0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan4fedever View Post
i cannot see him listed for Vina del Mar on the atp website atleast. Is he playing ?
Yes, Nadal is playing Vina del Mar, and it's on the ATP website too-

Quote:
Rafael Nadal will make his return to the ATP World Tour at the VTR Open, in Viņa del Mar, from 4 February. He has not played at an ATP World Tour tournament in South America since 2005.

The announcement came just 48 hours after the Spaniard confirmed his participation at the Brasil Open 2013, in Sao Paulo, from 11 February. And Nadal is also a confirmed starter at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel in Acapulco, beginning 25 February.

The former World No. 1 has not played a tour-level event since 28 June 2012, when he lost to Lukas Rosol in the Wimbledon second round.

Nadal has been suffering from tendinitis in his left knee. He was forced to miss the Qatar ExxonMobil Open and Australian Open this month due to a stomach virus.

Chilean veteran Nicolas Massu, who has received a wild card into the VTR Open, where he last played a tour-level event 12 months ago, is delighted to welcome Nadal to Viņa del Mar. "It's amazing. It's an honour to have Rafa here, a player with such status. I admire him a lot, because at 26 he's already one of the greatest of all times".

"It's a real honour to receive him in Viņa del Mar, the city where I grew up and was raised as a tennis player. It's amazing to have the best clay-court player of all time. It's the best tennis news for Chile in years. It would be a dream to face Nadal in Viņa".
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...a-del-Mar.aspx
6-1 6-3 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote