View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #37
Sabratha
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecon View Post
I think maybe Murray's already peaked. Lucky for him he had a bye to the SF. At least he was able to take a set off Djoker.
Murray IMO is peaking, he is playing at his peak level right now. it was nearly enough to take the title away from Djokovic, and Djokovic is arguably the best Australian Open champion of all time. he had an easy road to the SF round, but even if he played Del Potro theres nothing much he could have done to stop murray. del potro does not have a good record at the australian open so i feel it would have been a straight set or four set loss to murray if they had met in the quarters. if you want to use that argument, if nadal was around and had a match against djokovic in the SFs, he might not have had enough in him to take it to murray.

luck played a big part in Djokovic winning this year and maybe if Murray makes the final next year it will be a different story