View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
kanamit
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroniquem View Post
Bull. Djoko would have beaten Fed more easily than Murray did and it wouldn't have affected his perf in the final. (Djoko has already won AO after beating Fed in the semi and Murray in the final in 2011). He also had Murray, Nadal back to back in 2012 and I can't think of any tougher combination (much tougher than Fed + Murray), although the other way around (Nadal first and Murray next) would no doubt be even worse. It doesn't matter what draw you throw at Djoko at AO, a bit like Rafa at RG although not for as long.
The major hole in your argument is that Murray in 2011 is NOT the Murray of 2013. Just as the Federer and Nadal of 2007 and 2008 are not the Federer and Nadal of 2013. Just as the DJoko of today is not the Djoko of early 2011. Right now the top 3 are so evenly matched that factors like road to the final end up making a huge difference in terms of outcome. I suppose you can contest this by saying that Murray used to own Djokovic in junior tennis or something, but I doubt anybody is going to take your argument seriously. Nor should they.

In 2011, Djokovic was so dominant at the AO there are few who could have stopped him, last of all a headcase Murray in the final.

Last edited by kanamit : 01-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.
kanamit is offline   Reply With Quote