View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
gameboy
Hall Of Fame

Just finished the final match. Lost 1-6, 3-6.

The match was actually a lot closer than the score indicates. Most of the games went deuce or 40-30. I really concentrated on my wrist snap and that helped bring the ball down. But my backhand was still very inconsistent and my slices let me down time and time again.

I am still learning how to serve with this racquet and as such, I was not putting much pace into my serves and I really had a tough time holding my serves. Most of the games I won came from breaking my opponent's serves.

I feel like I am getting closer to understanding what this racquet can/cannot do, but it will take me awhile before I can play as well as I can with my Pure Drive.

The only question is deciding whether or not the additional time and effort that will be required for me to get proficient with this racquet is worth the investment. I am not sure. If I was just demoing this racquet, I don't think I would have purchased it. I am having a bit of buyer's remorse right now.

This is a very finicky racquet, with very little margin for error. Unless you hit shots with authority, you are going to make a ton of unforced errors. I am having a devil of a time trying to get into a rally where I can hit more that 2 or 3 shots in a row. I've never had this much problem getting used to a new racquet before.

I want to play more doubles and see whether or not this racquet can do for me what it could not in singles.

After the match, my opponent (who uses a Pure Drive) took a few swings with my racquet and out of 4 swings he took, 2 of them hit the curtains. At least I can get it down before the curtains now...
gameboy is offline   Reply With Quote