View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #52
Cup8489
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
2011, no way. Djokovic was way too good at that event, and spanked Federer in the semis. The result wouldnt have been different on any slower hard court, in fact had it been a very fast hard court that day Djokovic likely would have even won given the form of both players.

2009 is doubtful at best as well. Federer hasnt beaten Nadal in a best of 5 match since 2007 now, and even that one (on grass) he won barely.

I also fail to see the logic rebound ace greatly benefits Federer compared to plexicushion or plexicushion greatly favors Djokovic. Rebound ace was most certainly not a fast surface either, and it was higher bouncing than plexicushion.
Not sure I agree; while I think Djokovic would've won that on Rebound Ace.. both men peaking on fast hardcourts= edge Federer. He's just too good on faster surfaces for Djokovic, though it would've been a spectacular match, no doubt.