View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #2555
Phoenix1983
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyOne View Post
Phoenix1983, Your hate against me makes me tired. You don't have any serious arguments and neglect all arguments I and others have given you.
I don't hate you, this is an internet forum and I disagree with your opinion, especially on Rosewall. That is all.

Quote:
You are very nasty that you claim I have a Rosewall agenda in praising Gimeno.

Why do I praise also Nüsslein, Segura and Kovacs f.i., all of them certainly underrated? To push Rosewall too???

Emerson did NOT dominate the amateurs as much as he wanted. In fact he only dominated two years and generally lost many majors he should have won.
And yet he won 12 amateur majors, including at least 2 at every venue. Very impressive, albeit that competition may not have been strong.

Quote:
Gimeno won an open GS tournament while Emerson failed totally in open era.

Gimeno reached four open era major's SFs, Emerson none.
I already said I give Gimeno credit for that one major victory but it's not enough to overcome Emerson's 12 amateur slams.

Quote:
In your ignorance you not only try to blame Rosewall for not winning Wimbledon (even though you are disproved already)
Who disproved me? I've still not seen a valid reason for putting a man with a 0-5 Wimbledon finals record ahead of the likes of Federer and Laver. Frankly it's an insult to tennis that such a man could be ranked as GOAT. In the real world of course no-one thinks Rosewall is GOAT so at least people generally hold sensible opinions.

Quote:
but also cannot imagine what was the reason why Gimeno did not win a pro major. Guess what!!!
It doesn't matter how good Laver and Rosewall were, if Gimeno was truly a great like you claim, he would have won at least a few pro slams. In reality he was just a nearly man.