View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #161
The_Order
Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
haas , guga , agassi >>> falla, benneteau, no contest whatsoever ...
Yes but I though peak Fed is supposed to be an unstoppable force that nobody has a chance against "off clay". So explain how an unseeded Haas was able to push Roger to 5 sets? And explain how an old cripple Agassi was able to do it on Roger's best surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
agassi was nowhere near crippled in USO 2004, LOL, he was playing darn good tennis that summer ...you are just totally clueless ....

kuerten had hip problems from 2002 onwards, but he did play brilliantly in that match vs fed @ RG 2004 ...
So Agassi's spine defect went away for the 2004 USO. He must've asked it nicely...

As for Guga, he wasn't at his peak, yet still belted peak Federer. And this was after his hip injury. Face it Fed got belted by a crippled Guga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
yes, berdych beat fed in one match, where fed played cr*p, at the Olympics ...he lost 8 matches to him after that, barely winning sets or making a dent until that AO 2009 match ... why the hell was that ? surely berdych wasn't better in 2004 than he was from 2005-08 ?

fact is fed absorbed and dealt with his pace ( both on serve/groundstrokes ) easily at the peak of his powers ... only past his best, he's had trouble vs him ...
And yeah that's not because Berdych has got better. He's been making slam semi's and quarters from 04-07 as well hasn't he? I believe he even made a mystical slam final somewhere in that period.

Berdych showed his potential in that 04 match, but as a youngster (and as all youngsters really) he struggled to consistently play at that level which is why peak Fed was beating him.

Since Berdych had got better he has had MUCH more success against Fed. Fed was 29 in 2010 WIM FAR from being too old lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
I never changed any station clueless ; agassi is a better returner than nadal, both slow HC and fast HC ... I only said that nadal playing more on slow HC than him brought their return stats closer than what it would have been if they had played near equal % on those surfaces ...

add to it that that nadal's decline hasn't yet come .... agassi's slump years are included in those stats ... so all factors equal, it isn't close like you make it out to be ..
LOL why you keep cacking on about Agassi? Where did I ever say Rafa was a better returner than Agassi on HC? Point it out. All I said was his percentages are close... and they are which goes to show Rafa isn't as bad a returner on HC as you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
again, like I showed, hewitt's stats are clearly better on HC and on grass , this inspite of hewitt already being in decline, him having played more on fast HC than rafa, inspite of having an inferior ground game ... so how is rafa close to hewitt as a returner ? fact is you are clueless and haven't watched much of hewitt at all
Rubbish, ALL surfaces must be counted to deem one player a better returner or not. Face it Rafa's overall return stats are better than Hewitt's, which in turn means he is a better returner. Unless you would like to isolate Fed's results and call Rafa the greatest of all time because he does so much better on clay. You can't have it both ways.

Also, Hewitt's played about 100 more HC matches than Rafa, and his best results have come in IW where he won twice IIRC. In fact he has never won in Canada and only got to the quarters once. Hewitt has only made it to 6 HC Masters finals and Rafa has made it to 11 and is probably going to make it to more. Hewitt's results are therefore inflated because he got knocked out in earlier rounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
I've answered this before, clueless , the main difference there is nadal ; while he improved, fed declined ...

djokovic before 2011 played one slam match where he beat federer playing decent tennis, AO 2008 ..
That's not a good answer Arrrrrbooooomk. The current gen were teens and still had more success against Fed than the 04-07 gen players. Heck, if you take Nalbandian out, Berdych has better success than all of them combined outside of slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
djoker 2011 onwards is different, but then your boy rafa had more trouble with him than fed did
Yes Rafa did have a lot of trouble against 2011 Novak. But unlike you, I don't become a Novak hater, instead I admire his hard work and achievements. But it must be said since 2011, Nadal has beat Djoker 3 times which is the same amount as Fed despite playing the same amount of matches against him in that time period. In fact Novak only beat Rafa comfortably in 4 matches (2 clay Masters 2011 and WIM + USO 2011) whereas Novak beat Fed comfortably in 5 matches (RG2012 + AO2011 + Rome2012 + IW2011 + DUbai2011)

So saying Rafa had more trouble is once again false from your part.
__________________
jg153040 - "No my world doesn't revolve around Federer. I also watch movies."
The_Order is offline   Reply With Quote