View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #17
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradr View Post
I used a custom string factor of Gut 1.30mm, which was 1.79.
I hate to tell you this, but you did not use the correct string factor. The only way to get the correct string factor is to measure it yourself. You can do this with a calibrated drop weight stringer. The instructions are in the RacquetTune app.

I measured my own string factors for a while until I got lazy and just used the default factors. I know my readings on certain strings will be off, but I mainly use it to track relative tension loss. Until you have the equipment to measure string factors yourself, do not rely on RacquetTune to give you accurate tension readings. It will still work fine for measuring relative tension loss over time.

My own experience with Babolat Tonic 16 gauge w/BT7 told me that it measured very high when using the default string factor. My guess is that the #3 string job may have been your best string job while #1 and #2 were either rushed and under-tension or they were exposed to moisture and lost tension. Gut can lose a lot of tension just by playing in humid weather (ie. right after it rains), even if it's coated with BT7. You will discover this if you measure your tension after every match.

I've measured and compared many different strings. I think the true string factor for a Babolat BT7 gut string is much less that the default string factor in RacquetTune.

Last edited by Ramon : 01-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote