View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #47859
hollywood9826
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismonkey View Post
why was she wearing such shoddy shoes? just because they are made in china doesn't mean she has to wear them.
When I worked in the nike outlet, we would get these buses full of Chinese toursits. They would check all tags and if it was actually made in China they would not buy it. My Store manager was a chinese guy and could speak the language. We had a ton of siz 6-8 Jordans on clearance for 10 bucks. manger told the guy he would mark them down to 5 bucks. The guy would still buy them becuase they were made in china. Nike apparently at the time didnt sell the goods in the country so the poeple would not buy somehting they could not buy at home. It doesnt make sense to me, but i saw it too many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xisbum View Post
^^^And more shoes. Finally trying out the ASICS G4 (can't pass up these prices), and find them a bit harsher than the 1s, 2s, and 3s. Soles seems a bit stiff, more like the Lotto Raptors I tried once (and gave to Sup). May need to get inserts to soften them up a bit. Got the black with green trim; all the good colors are already gone.
Bought a pair of Gel Solution Speedsback in the summer. Closest shoe to my beloved Diadora speed pros yet. Super light, but feels supportive at the same time. Its a plush feeling show though. So I guess most would feel it is on the stiffer side. Might have to cop a pair of Black ones that just came out.

Might be getting a job down in Linthicum so I may pick the game back up since there are people down there I can hit with and they have USTA and stuff.