View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #1966
suppawat
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonesy View Post
This best Donnay X-series racquet for me, was the Blue 99. Loved the swing, balance and available power. But it was not as maneuverable when i tired or had to set up quickly. I couldn't find any 94in frames that felt like the Blue 99.
I did try the Gold 99, which was very consistent and maneuverable, but lacked the plow thru of the Blue 99. I even demoed the dual core platinum 94, but it was missing something. Maybe too muted.

Then i tried the X-Platinum 94. Wow. It's what I've been looking for. I am truly enjoying it. Has all the positive characteristics of the Blue 99 and is more maneuverable. On top of that, i believe the head moves much faster through the hitting zone, than Blue 99. Feels like I can still catch up to the ball, even when i'm late.

Have any of you guys tried the dual core Platinum 94 or 99?
Even though I am not playing the Platinum 99 anymore, but I still miss the fast/soft/solid feel of that racquet. I played it since it was a prototype in softer and stiffer layup. The stiffer one seems to work best, and it finally becomes X-Dual Platinum 99. Solinco Barb Wire at 52lbs works best for me.

A year later I had a chance to play the similar frame in a different layup and weight. It feels like Gold 99 (310g, 66RA, 310mm) with 18x20 string pattern. It's a really nice frame. Most pros/players who tried it easily fell in love with it. Donnay should have made this racquet for public.