View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
chatt_town
Hall Of Fame

It's always hit or miss in these leagues. Also take this into consideration. Maybe the 2.5 player has the same type of goals you have. Maybe she is trying to get better and test where she is. You don't want people to judge you when you go and play say 3.5 and get the same wax job as this 2.5 may be getting at 3.0. Whether you play line 1 or 2 shouldn't matter. You could very easily run into a team that have to kick @$$ 3.5 singles players. They could say the same about you if you get mopped up. So be careful about judging the other teams because it sounds like your intent is to play 3.5 and get better. The 2.5 may be doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
Yesterday I played my first USTA match of the 2013 season. I am a 3.0 player in my 4th season and my goal is to be 3.5 next year. I'm close but I have to have a good year this year. I'm going to play a few matches at 3.5 but my plan is to play 18+ and 40+ at 3.0 at singles. I've been taking lessons the past few months to work exclusively on my singles game and I've been playing practice matches vs. strong 3.0 players and a few 3.5 players.

Yesterday I knew the other team only had one real singles player and I played her two years ago and lost twice so I was excited to see where I was at this point. The other team player her at line 2 and played a 2.5 rated player at line 1. This 2.5 rated player was 0-9 playing singles the last two years. She has never won a set and has won only 24 games in those 9 matches. I was very upset. I am not captain of this team but I've been a captain for my team for 3 years and I think this is completely against the code of honor for USTA captains. It wasn't fair to me, my opponent or the other singles players. In the end I'm most upset about the fact that I didn't even get a chance to help my dynamic rating.

I emailed the coordinator and complained. The captain of the other team wasn't there so I didn't get a chance to express my displeasure with her.

I understand you can stack line ups in USTA but I think a lower rated player who plays up on a team shouldn't be playing line 1.

I don't have a question I am just still ticked.
chatt_town is offline   Reply With Quote