View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
TennisCoachIN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF View Post
Ha!! You and I had the same weekends!! My girl who is 8 lost in the finals to a 12 year old who literally never swung at a ball! She was tall and long armed and blocked everything back. It was on clay so my girl was working her tail off but just could not break through.

And this was the g12s so prepare for a long spell of it.
It's going to be a long couple of years of slapping, moonballing, crazy stuff. She just loves to play, am fine with that as long as she continues to hit with good technique.

Have a question for you TCF First though, My oldest daughter just turned 13. She is 5'1 and only 82 pounds. Very petite. She will be lucky to get to
5'4, of course should gain more weight. She is a solid player, however reality sets in when we has to play up a divison when there are no 14's and she sees bigger and stronger players. My question is based on her size if the goal is to play Lower Divison I or II college, what style of play do you recommend for her? Also a good string and tension. She uses AeroPro Drive, but wants to switch to Pure Drive. Her feet are her biggest asset. Thanks in advance for your time.