View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Bash and Crash
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Bash and Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisCoachIN View Post
It's going to be a long couple of years of slapping, moonballing, crazy stuff. She just loves to play, am fine with that as long as she continues to hit with good technique.

Have a question for you TCF First though, My oldest daughter just turned 13. She is 5'1 and only 82 pounds. Very petite. She will be lucky to get to
5'4, of course should gain more weight. She is a solid player, however reality sets in when we has to play up a divison when there are no 14's and she sees bigger and stronger players. My question is based on her size if the goal is to play Lower Divison I or II college, what style of play do you recommend for her? Also a good string and tension. She uses AeroPro Drive, but wants to switch to Pure Drive. Her feet are her biggest asset. Thanks in advance for your time.
You may want to pattern her game after Henin, think she was around 5'5", all around game, great for dubs, and nice topspin game to grind out when necessary. I like Henin as example because even though she was shorter she had big serve, big game, and big heart..."It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."