View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #2588
BobbyOne
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodjem View Post
Wrong again, ole bean.

Mozart died 5 December 1791. Haydn went to London in January of 1791, whereupon he started writing the first of his culminating London Symphonies (nos. 93-104). The earliest of which (numbered incorrectly as no. 96) premiered in London in March 1791.

Mozart's Symphony no. 25 in G minor, K. 183 is fairly pleasant and genial, but if you want to hear "feelings" and emotions from an early Classical period work try Haydn's symphonies no. 43 Mercury or no. 44 Trauersymphonie written in 1772 one year before Mozart's "genial" symphony no. 25.

The facts deny many of your statements, and the chronology contradicts many of your unfounded assertions.
hoodjem, You should write about tennis history. It's better for your reputation.

Okay, I concede that Haydn did not write ALL of his late works after Mozart's death. But VIRTUALLY ALL of them. And ALL of them were OF COURSE heavily influenced by Mozart's masterpieces.

Imagine Haydn would have died in, say, 1780 and therefore would not have known Mozart's great works. How poor would his oeuvre be...

Most of all: I have heard hundreds of Haydn's works but I was never thrilled by any of them, did not get tears or a shower on my neck or back.

Hear Mozart 488, second movement: There you would learn what emotion and greatness is. But it seems senseless to ask you because you called Mozart's
sadest works (including even the Requiem!!!) sweet or similary.....

Last edited by BobbyOne : 01-28-2013 at 04:22 PM.
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote