View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
Bash and Crash
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Bash and Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga tennis View Post
KEEP HER IN TOURNAMENTS T.C.F!!!! Just hold her accountable to doing it right!!!! They learn sooooo much from these tournaments.. Dont be like me and get into the social comparisons and stress about how this player can beat your girl with terrible strokes. She needs the tournaments!!!!!! I have done it both ways. I kept my baby out of tournaments for a year and she fell behind. I would put her in a tournament EVERY weekend if i was you....Now we are playing tournaments as often as i can afford and its starting to pay off. JUST DEPERSONALIZE THE PROCESS!!!!!! Just make sure she is sticking to the plan and the game you want her to play will develop.... She needs the tournaments...
Tournament every week for an 8 yr old? How about one a month and TCF hosts an in house tourney with his burgeoning group of girls. Get about 8-12 girls to battle it out on Saturdays, short pro sets, and he or parents/coaches can pop in and provide instruction throughout, help the kids with strategy, emotions, etc. Seen this work well, and it is cost effective, keeps them sharp, creates a great tournament support group.