View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #55
Wolbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
To: "Wolbo":

In your wikipedia entry on Anthony Wilding you've copied almost all of the results that I and some others found, and which I've included in this thread, but you've given the incorrect sources in your entry in wikipedia. The correct sources are listed in this thread.

Can you rectify this error in the wikipedia entry you created?

Mark Ryan
-----
Mark,

It's not an error but simply following Wikipedia policies and guidelines. Encyclopedic content must be verifiable in reliable, published sources and a forum with user-generated content does not qualify as a reliable, published source. That is in no way a judgement on the quality of your Wilding article and result list, which is excellent, but simply Wikipedia policy. Also note that the article and original table with Wilding's singles titles already existed and I merely augmented it with results, opponents, dates, surfaces and some additional tournaments. Not having access to some of the sources you used (“Lawn Tennis and Badminton” and “Der Lawn-Tennis-Sport”) I referenced all results individually using mainly online newspaper archives.

Last edited by Wolbo : 01-29-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Wolbo is online now   Reply With Quote