Thread: Gettting Fit
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
schang70
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel89 View Post
yeah thanks it's a mixture of both like one exercise we have to go up stairs with butt kicks and down with high knees 30 times. Thanks I'll try to simulate it
also im going to the gym today what should i do?
If mixture of both then I would warm up first by walking or slowly jogging quarter mile or half mile, whatever your fitness level allows. The warm up should be easy. If you are breathing hard then run slower or start walking. Then, I would do some interval training like running 1/8 or 1/4 mile, then stop and rest for about a minute or so and then repeat. You should be running at pretty high speed but not all out. I would say around 75 to 80 percent. You can do around 8 to 12 reps depending on fitness. Then I would cool down by jogging a mile or two again depending on your fitness. Finally, I would stretch after the cool down. As you get in better shape, you can increase intensity for the intervals and distance for warm up and cool down. You can only do this workout couple times a week as your body needs to recover. Other days I would just jog or walk a few miles with varying distance and speed. Hope this helps.