View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Hi I'm Ray
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5B Tiger View Post
I've run through a reel of MSV Hex and mostly liked it. Hits as good, if not better, than RPM Blast. Definitely doesn't go dead as fast as RPM Blast. However, I keep finding myself wanting to put it a little above 52#. Unfortunately, MSV is pretty clear on the packaging to not exceed 52.

Anybody have much experience with it over 52?

Good alternatives that would play similar, last as long, up around 55 or so?

A friend swears by Pro Supex Ultra Gear -- and routinely puts it up at 58-60. I played with it those tension in one of his racquets (which is very similar to my racquet) -- and it felt great up there. Plenty of pop, feel, etc.

Thanks in advance.
I find it kind of odd that Hex ranges in thickness from 1.10 - 1.27 yet the same max tension is printed on all of the packages. I played extensively with Hex before and used tensions from 53-56lbs on a APDGT to 57lbs on a PB10 mid and they all played fine without becoming overtensioned, boardy, or dead. I've been moving towards lower tensions since then. It should depend on your frame and string gauge.

Good alternatives to Hex, that I feel all have better feel, control, and spin are:

Volkl Cyclone
Signum Hextreme Pure
Yonex Poly Tour Spin