View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
Chemist
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga tennis View Post
My 7 year old son has been playing tennis since he could walk. I thought i did everything right with him and his tennis development. I made ALOT of mistakes with my daughter and learned from those mistakes. About a month ago basketball season started and i signed him up because he wants to play EVERY sport. I did not realize that he would go basketball crazy and ONLY wanna practice basketball everyday. Everyday i get home from work and ask him do you wanna go play tennis and he says no daddy i wanna go play basketball. He was really getting good at tennis and i was gonna put him some level4 and 5 12 and under tournaments this summer. I just dont know what to do?? I am not gonna force him to do anything it just kills me that basketball has taken over his love for tennis. He said he was gonna start back tennis after basketball season but thats a month away. Anybody experienced anything like this with their child???
I guess that his friends are playing basketball. Tennis training can be rather boring especially he won't get many chances to hit with other kids of his age, even less chances of hitting with his friends. Maybe playing basketball would help meeting his social needs for now. After he has new friends, who also play tennis, he will be less crazy about the B-ball.