View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #9760
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisnut123 View Post
Mik, do you string/teach/play at Lake Cane?? is Molly still there lol
I used to have my rackets strung at Lake Cane, but no, I do not string or teach there. The only time I play there is if I can't find clay courts to hop on or sometimes I sub in for a Tuesday night doubles team and they sometimes have away matches there. Molly is still there running tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisnut123 View Post
Also, Mik, these smash and grabs happened up in Gainesville as well (roughly 90 minutes north of orlando). It happened at all of our tennis clubs and a a few of our gyms. The police actually found that it was a crime ring out of Ft Lauderdale im pretty sure. The police found multiple gps units in cars that were caught which contained the location of all of the tennis clubs that were reachable from I75 north of Ft Laud. Unfortunately it happened to a lot of the women at our tennis facility. The thieves use some part of a spark plug to shatter a window and its basically silent since the glass from the window falls into the seat of the car. Sometimes the thieves would follow people from banks/grocery stores and other places. The whole thing is pretty insane/intense.
I had my house broken into last year. It was only a few days after I brought a MacBook Pro home. Then I read that thieves were following people from Apple stores and either breaking into their car later when they parked or following them all the way to their house. Our next door neighboor's son is a career criminal and she acted very strangely after it all happened, so it could have been a local person that did it too. Either way, I'm glad I'm not in a house anymore.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote