View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #36
JRstriker12
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to JRstriker12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlam View Post
Playing singles and I notice a few players like to warmup their volley and overheads in addition to backcourt game. Then when we play a match they play a baseline game and hardely play the volley game. Why do you need to warm that up ? I can understand if you play doubles or play serve and volley singles style but shouldn't you be warming up mostly your serves and ground strokes ?
I'm okay with it but we have limited court time and i like to get on with the match and not spend too extra time at warmup
Waste time? Seriously? It only takes a a few seconds to warm up. 3 volleys each side, three overheads. Done. It's a warm up not practice.

I can't remember a singles match where I haven't had to hit either a volley or overhead so it's worth it.

The dude who doesn't warm up his overhead and volley is the guy I'm drop shotting, lobbing, and forcing to hit volleys. Even if it takes a few games to finally warm up, I'll gladly take that edge.