View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #187
Tennis_Hands
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Djokovic has to demonstrate that he can beat down Nadal on clay (which wasn't even a beat down, btw), but Federer is left unchecked when he bagels Nadal on Nadal's BEST surface and Nadal's WORST surface?

That is very interesting, to say the least..
It is very interesting for someone, who doesn't know what else to say.

Quote:
That only proves that Djokovic hasn't done something within the time frame that YOU prefer. Your personal schedule for Djokovic has no bearing on his ability to perform anywhere.
Oh, I see that you have no intention whatsoever to stand behind your claims. Your argument, as it is, is, that Djokovic may never repeat anythig like that, but all the talk about his improvement would still apply. Laughable, but not unexpected.

Quote:
Djokovic may not beat Nadal on clay again for another 2 years. The fact that you think that he must is silly. What's to stop you from suggesting that he must straight set Nadal at Roland Garros, too?.
What is silly is, thatyou think, that a pattern can appear just like that and disappear just like that.

You believe in Fairies and Capricorns, son?

A single odd event can pass for coincidence. A pattern, like the one in 2011 cannot. It has to have foundations. Djokovic didn't straightset Nadal at RG twice, so I cannot relate your example to anythig real. My suggestions are based on what happened. Wrap your head around that (if you can).

Quote:
You said he didn't beat anyone of any importance. Elaborate as to why that is.
That is a fact.

Quote:
Ummmm....it WAS reflected in the future. That future was the year of 2011.
Oh, I didn't know, that he displayed that form before 2011. Sorry, you must live in another reality.

Quote:
Retrospectively, his years leading up to 2011 collectively demonstrated that he could put together season of 2011 that he did.
They did?

So, I will take your word, that you expected season like 2011.

Oh, wait, you didn't.

Last edited by Tennis_Hands : 01-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Tennis_Hands is offline   Reply With Quote