View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #1477
CrispyFritters
Rookie

Adding my review of the 99s. Have about 3 hours of hitting and match play on it. The demo came with a multi which was not a good match for the racquet. Multi strings stopped snapping back after 15 minutes. Cut those out and restrung with full job of Scorpion 17g at 55 pounds. Huge difference in performance and much more spin than the multi. I also added 3G lead split between 3 and 9.

I'm a believer and a 99s convert for these reasons:
1)My hitting partner said the ball was getting on him noticeably quicker because of there was more spin. Definite plus to rob opponents of time.
2)On one memorable shot I was able to generate an angle that was previously impossible for me. Generally, I am able to spread the court better.
3)In the third set of a singles match, I really appreciated the easy power. Also got a few extra and unreturnables on kick serve.

When I first started hitting with the stick, I didn't really like it. Ball trajectory was way high and I launched a few into the back fence. Once I got it dialed in, most of those problems went away and I was able to swing freely and generate more racket head speed than the heavy prince original graphite I was using before.

The only negative is the volleys. Ball does not seem to come off the strings very precisely so I have to aim for bigger targets.

But it's totally worth the trade off. It feels like cheating when I play with this stick.