View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #69
Steve0904
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroniquem View Post
I don't think that makes a difference. If anything, it makes Fed an even bigger favorite since Connors has only 3 titles in USO as we know it: a hard court slam. Winning it on clay gives Connors the edge over Fed in the clay slams won category. But it lowers his stats on hard court compared to Fed's (and Fed's overall hard court stats are much higher than Connors')
Fair enough, but I think it shows Connors versatility in winning the USO no matter the conditions. He also has something like 98 wins there, which far surpasses anybody else's record at ANY GS never mind just the USO. It could also be argued that the space of time between wins for Connors shows more longevity than Fed at the USO (although I still think 5 straight is more impressive.)

Anyway, this is all kind of off topic. I would rank Djokovic just below Agassi and McEnroe at this point, and ahead of Becker, Edberg, and Wilander in the open era.

EDIT: Just checked the winning %'s at the USO for Connors and Fed. Turns out I was wrong. Fed has a higher % than Connors.

Last edited by Steve0904 : 01-30-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Steve0904 is online now   Reply With Quote