View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
Centerforward71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broly4 View Post
I've been playtesting these two sticks, this is my review:

First of all, I'm a 5.5 player, power top spinner style ( aggressive, sometimes berserk according to my coach), with a full western forehand grip (almost extreme), and a 2 hnd backhand. Despite my style I prefer dense string patterns, currently playing with leaded a volkl Pb 10 mp.

Speed Pro: Really solid frame, very control oriented, it does feel stiff, but not harsh at all, it's crisp and stable, perfect for flat hitting. Best shots for me were flat serve, and inside out forehand.
It has a good sized sweet spot, but I prefer previous head shape, it had a better spin window, noticeable in killer returns and heavy top spin hitting. It has one of the densest string beds I've seen, in combination with the high stiffness it lacks some dwell time.
I've found it pretty nice for slices and specially touch shots.
All in all a great frame, better suited for hard courts, I've played four matches, against a two 5.0 and an open level player, mixed results but the stick performed greatly.
It's like I just wrote the above, exactly my findings. I have about 5+ hours with both frames. I've written plenty on the 99s so read that over there. One thing I will say is that two totally different sticks. One is more game improvement oriented the graphene is much more players stick. I will say that I wish it had a tad more spin but regardless this has to be one of the most precise and control oriented sticks I have ever hit with. Alot of power specially on flat shots and flat serves, I have a pretty big flat serve usually. As Broly4 said kick serve and top spin serve not as good due to lack of spin. I strung a textured poly 17g at 50 I may drop that tension by about 5 lbs or even maybe to 38-40 to try it out got a feeling will be good. I really think this stick is asking for lower tensions. I'm gonna test that and report back. To reiterate above great feel great balance all around great stick if I can find a little extra spin with string setup it's going in my bag even if not it may still find a place in the bag.