View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #59
Relinquis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ray View Post
I don't play much singles games at all, mostly its doubles games or rallying singles. It seems like after putting away a few sharp angles at smart targets AFTER setting up for it during rallies, some opponents start trying to hit "hard" shots into the corners off soft feeds when starting a rally. They also start trying to hit feeds faster into the corners or start with deep moonballs to the BH. Pretty damn weak, IMO. I've been running into this a lot lately. I just hit easy feeds to the center and I'm hitting down the middle off feeds.

Is anyone else running into this sort of thing?
sometimes. i find that discussing what i want to do while rallying helps in these cases, e.g. "let's get the ball in a rally before we try angles, spins or other shots, is that ok?" Some players are more intuitive and don't let their ego get into practice, but a lot of players let their ego mess things.

i'll often ask my practice partner what it is he wants to work on, he'll say "forehand cross court" or something and we'll rally that way a few times and then work on something else. I think that helps to get them in the rhythm of not trying to crush your drop feeding.