View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #49
TheLambsheadrep
Professional

Cheeta, I was only free to try out some of your (and other's) suggestions for like 15 min yesterday, but I was able to begin to feel how different everything will be (especially the lower grip placement). I knew I didn't have much time and wasn't hitting great full distance strokes with all the new steps in my head, so I decided to try some short court. The big take away of the night was this- I was able to hit controlled topspin in a short court scenario. Normally when I do short court, I just poke at the ball. A lot of slice forehands and some flat softies, but I am never able to hit a topspin forehand in the manageable way warming up short court style intends. Against a wall is never a tell-all compared to hitting with a person, but I was taking full swings and seeing that the ball wasn't hit too hard (which is the biggest problem for me with short court topspin forehands. I feel other players of my level hit easy, arching strokes with obvious topspin that could land in the middle of the box. If I could get it over with topspin and not have it look linear and land deep in the box, it was probably a mishit haha).

I'm hoping this increase of controlled, short distance topspin will carry over somehow to my full court game. Just the first thing to fall into place

Last edited by TheLambsheadrep : 01-30-2013 at 10:01 PM.
TheLambsheadrep is offline   Reply With Quote